Thursday, September 17, 2009

Introduction

Hello my fellow wrestling fanatics!! Many of you don't know me so I'm going to take the time now to introduce myself and prove to you that I am a true wrestling fan capable of writing a blog on that amazing sport (or sport-entertainment, whatever you feel like calling it).

My name is Lisa. I was born and raised in the awesome, but smelly state of New Jersey. I have recently graduated from Fairleigh Dickinson University majoring in Creative Writing and having a double minor in English Literature and Communications. While I was going to lovely FDU I wrote for it's newspaper, The Metro, having my own wrestling column for three years. Unfortunately, my last year there they decided to stop my column since it wasn't related to the college so then all I wrote were movie reviews, which I will sometimes do on this blog in between PPVs.

My plan for this blog is to write my predictions for upcoming PPVs and also give the results to see how close I am. Sometimes I'm good. Sometimes I'm not. Hey, we're not all perfect! Also, like I just mentioned, if I get to go to the movies I'll write movie reviews in between that way I just don't lose my touch.

I have been a fan of wrestling ever since I can remember, which is about five years old, but I do remember watching G.I. Joe with Sgt. Slaughter so it could be before that. I remember cheering on Shawn Michaels at that tender age and always feeling bad for him because he was constantly landing on the ropes where the sun doesn't shine. Ever since then I've been hooked and I watch it RELIGIOUSLY!! I watch every Raw, ECW, Smackdown, WWE Superstars, and PPV (thank you Hooters in Wayne!!). I also watch TNA on Thursdays and I subscribe to WWE Classics on Demand. Back in the good ol' days (the 90's and early 2000's) I watched the original ECW, WCW Monday Night Nitro, and Thunder. I have been to over twenty wrestling events including Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, Summerslam, and Survivor Series and I have met numerous superstars and legends including Bobby "The Brain" Heenan, Triple H, Edge, Jake "The Snake" Roberts, and many others.

Now I know you guys must be thinking, "So what Lisa? I watch it religiously, too, been to many shows myself, and I've met wrestlers, but what makes you think you can write a blog on it." Well, let me tell you then. I have been studing wrestling for a very long time reading books and watching videos on it. If you still think I shouldn't be writing this then DON'T READ IT!!! Not to sound horribly mean, but it's that simple.

I will be publishing my first predictions for Breaking Point really soon (yeah I know it already happened, but what the hell) so be looking for that. Just to warn you guys I like to use sources (again I wrote for a paper so it's apart of me now) and my favorite one is onlineworldofwrestling.com so instead of constantly saying "according to onlineworldofwrestling.com" just guess if it's me talking or if it's the website. I will mention others if I decide to use a different source, though. Also, this is all totally my OPINION!! We all have opinions (and I would love to hear yours) but don't criticize me or tell me I'm wrong because I will tell you off. This is America and we do have freedom of speech so I will say my opinion on something and you can gladly tell me yours, but the moment someone says "You're wrong!" all hell will break lose.

Thanks you guys for reading. I hope you've enjoyed and I hope you guys become my loyal readers. Much love and "Have a nice day!"

*Please send me comments to let me know how I'm doing and to give me your opinions.*

1 comment:

  1. I've been a wrestling fan forever ...and i have to say pretty cool blog. definetly keep writing and i'll definetly keep reading.

    ReplyDelete